Time for another installment of trade-skill drop locations. This time, we're going to address the bind-on-pickup recipes for tailoring. For each of the other installments, we've addressed the instance or non-instance portion of the drops.
For tailoring, the non-instance part is easy. There is ONE bind-on-pickup tailoring pattern outside of an instance. That is the casters around Manaforge Coruu who drop the pattern for the Spellfire Bag. This is the enchanting specific bag.
And that's it for the non-instances.
Blizzard looked kindly on the tailors as far as instances go. Without discussing twenty-five man raids, there are over a dozen patterns scattered out there-all with drop rates around 1%. Here they are, broken down by instance.
- Warlord Kalithresh drops the pattern for the Battlecast Hood.
- Grand Warlock Netherkurse drops the Spellstrike Hood pattern.
- The final boss, Murmur, drops the pattern for the Spellstrike Pants.
- Thorngrin the Tender, the third boss, drops the pattern for Battlecast Pants.
- Warp Splinter, the final boss, drops the pattern for the Whitemend Hood.
- Dalliah the Doomsayer, either the second or third boss depending on which you do first, drops the Whitemend Pants pattern.
- Arcatraz Sentinels (there are several) can drop the pattern for the Arcanoweave Bracers.
- Pathaleon the Calculator, the final boss, drops the pattern for Araanoweave Robe.
- The Arcanoweave Boots pattern can be dropped by Sunseeker Astromages, of which there are several.
- Kael'thas Sunstrider can drop the pattern for the Unyielding Girdle.
- Unyielding Bracers pattern, which matches the girdle above, is also dropped by Kael'thas.
- Phantom Valets can drop the pattern for the Soulcloth Vest.
- The matching Soulcloth Shoulders recipe is dropped by Phantom Attendants.
- Trash mobs in Sunwell Plateau drop the pattern for Sunfire Robes. (thanks for the correction in comments)