Friday, January 25, 2008

Crowd Control - Again


In the interest of completeness, I'm posting this addendum to the crowd control post. As pointed out in the comments, I did miss Wyvern Sting buried deep, deep in the Survival Tree for hunters. I had the nagging feeling I'd missed something. Surprised anyone found me out in the wall of text!

But as I was headed home last evening, I realized I'd also missed a whole other category of crowd control. Yeah, I covered the classes pretty well, but what I missed is the trade skills.

Engineers seem to hit the mother lode here with several options for crowd controlling. The first comes at fairly low level. Low enough to abuse it in Gnomeregan! The Gnomish Universal Remote Control does a mind control effect like priests that only effects creatures of type Mechanical. Later they get the Gnomish Net-O-Matic Projector. Finally, in the Engineering world we get the ever popular Gnomish Poultryizer. Only the Poultryizer requires Gnomish Engineering Specialization. None of these is 100% reliable. You have to love the uncertainty of engineering.

The other trade skill that has crowd control is tailoring. Enter the Netherweave Net. The net only lasts for 3 seconds and is unreliable against targets over level 70. Your mileage may vary.

No comments: