Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving!

WARNING! Lots of Non-WoW stuff ahead!!

So. Today I was going to write a very creative article where I laid out a full Thanksgiving Dinner in terms of WoW food items. It shouldn't have been hard. In fact, I didn't really spend too much time researching it. It became a question of me enjoying my own Thanksgiving away from the computer (and Azeroth) or writing the blog.

So to salvage some of the cooking idea for the day, I'm going to share my Mom's Cranberry Sauce Alternative. She found this recipe several years ago and began making it instead of the jellied stuff with the can ridges in the sides. And as the two kids grew up, we also made it for dinners we were invited for. And it's the one dish that gets asked for again and again. For something so requested, it shouldn't be so simple.

And what better place to share it than on the interweb :-)

So, Here goes.

Mom's Cranberry Salad

1 box cranberry Jell-O (the large size)
1 can crushed pineapple
1 can whole cranberry sauce
Chopped Walnuts

Mix the Jell-O with the hot water called for on the box. Stir in the pineapple (with the juice) and cranberry sauce. Sprinkle the top with the walnuts. Refrigerate overnight.

No comments: