Tuesday, November 13, 2007

2.3 Hits Today?

Well, from everything I've heard/read/seen we should be going live with Patch 2.3 today. Probably even as you read this.

What does this really mean? Well, I just finished reading the patch notes and this one is huge. There are sweeping class changes. Changes are being made to racial skills that have existed since the beta. The vast majority of the changes being made are anti-nerfs. And they're introducing the first new 10-man raid instance since, well, ever. All in all, I'm very very excited about the patch.

Now, on the down side. It sounds like my UI held together by used chewing gum and leftover twist ties from Wonder bread is going to crash. Badly. And I'll not be able to play until I get something cobbled together. I guess we'll just have to see how bad it is tonight.

And as much as I've said I'm excited, I'm also kind of dreading the patch. There are things that are way good, but things I'm not excited about. So, I'd be just as happy if patch 2.3 did not hit today as well. How's that for hedging a bet?

2 comments:

K said...

I like this patch change...

Primal Fury: This talent will now be learned correctly even if purchased while the Druid is dead.

...

because of how frequently it has happened to me. I mean, DAMN. About time! O.o

Unknown said...

*huggles his custom UI*

I loved mazzle but I always dreaded Patch Day.